Clairefontaine Pastel Revolution Fixative is a liquid fixative that is sprayed on to an artwork to protect it from damage.
Clairefontaine Pastel Revolution Fixative is ideal for pastels, charcoal, graphite pencils, chalk, sanguine etc. It can be used on a variety of surfaces, such as paper, Pastelmat, and canvas. The fixative enhances the dark shades of Pastelmat without distorting the nuances of the pigments, and there is no change in colour after fixing.
Using Clairefontaine Pastel Revolution Fixative:
- Before use, tap the edge of the painting surface to remove excess pastel pigments.
- Lay the surface flat and spray the entire surface from at least 15cm.
- Avoid spraying too close so as not to blow away the pigments.
- Let the medium dry completely after application (approx. 15 minutes). This can vary depending on the size, amount of fixative, etc.
- When using Pastelmat, it is recommended to place a glass plate (or another flat object) on the painting surface after it has dried in order to keep the work flat.